Lufthansa Group is adjusting rebooking fees
It can be costly to rebook existing flights from tomorrow, October 11 – not only have the existing fees been adjusted upwards in some cases, but fees are now also being charged in more ticket categories. Lufthansa Group is adjusting rebooking fees.
Lufthansa Group airlines ( Swiss, Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Air Dolomiti and Eurowings Discover) will change their rebooking fees starting October 11. There are now rebooking fees in higher booking classes, even though some booking classes no longer allow rebookings.
The group decided to adjust the global fare structures in all travel classes. In some cases, rebooking fees may also apply in higher booking classes depending on the fare option selected. In any case, only the “Flex” tariff option remains free.
The changes are the following:
Flights within Europe:
- There is a fee of 40 francs for rebooking the “Economy Classic” tariff. The travel dates, destinations, and routing are still subject to change. You can still change all tariffs within Europe as often as you like.
- Currently, rebookings in Economy Light and Business Saver cost 80 francs. The fee remains the same, i.e. there is no change.
Flights to USA, Canada and Central America:
- It is no longer possible to rebook the “Economy Light” fare (only with hand luggage); previously, this could have been done for 230 CHF in the past.
- For a fee of CHF 200 or more, the “Saver/Best Buy” tariff can be rebooked. Dates and routes are subject to change. Changes to the trip’s start or destination are no longer possible. Previously this was free of charge.
- For a fee of CHF 170 or more, the “Base/Restricted” tariff can be rebooked. Flight routes, travel dates, and departures can still be changed. Previously this was free of charge.
Flights to Africa, Asia, the Middle East and South America:
- Rebooking the “Economy Light” tariff (only with hand luggage) will cost you CHF 250 or more (previously: CHF 230). Changes may be made to the travel date and route. Changes to the journey’s start or destination are not possible.
- For a fee of CHF 200 or more, the “Saver/Best Buy” tariff can be rebooked. The travel date and route are subject to change. It is no longer possible to change the start or destination of the trip. Previously this was free of charge.
- The “Base/Restricted” tariff can be rebooked for a fee of CHF 170 or more. Travel date, departure, destination, and the route can still be changed. Previously this was free of charge.
The fare conditions valid from October 11 can be seen under this link. It is important to note that the abovementioned changes apply to all sales channels and published tariffs.